This Summer holidays, children aged between 7-11 years old, can become an Arts Award Explorer at the West Berkshire Museum.
The museum has become an Arts Award centre and will be running Discover and Explore level programmes throughout the summer holidays.
What is Arts Award
Arts Award is managed by Trinity College London in association with Arts Council England. The concept is to inspire young people to grow their arts and leadership talents and potentially achieve a national qualification. The programme is creative, valuable and accessible for young people aged up to 25 and can be achieved at five levels – four qualifications and an introductory award.
The five levels give participants the opportunity to explore any art form including performing arts, visual arts, literature, media and multimedia. Along the way building confidence, helping young people to enjoy cultural activities and preparing them for further education or employment.
The Five Levels
- Arts Award Discover is the introductory award open to children and young people aged up to 25.
- Arts Award Explorer is designed for ages 7 plus. This award is an Entry Level 3 qualification on the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF).
- Bronze Arts Award, a Level 1 award on the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF). Bronze is available to young people aged 11 to 25.
- Silver Arts Award, a Level 2 qualification on the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF).
- Gold Arts Award is the highest level, at Level 3 on the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF). Gold has been designed for young people aged 16 to 25.
Become an Arts Award Explorer
With the West Berkshire Museum being an Arts Awards centre, they can administer the arts award at the Discover and Explore levels. This summer they will be offering the Discover Arts Award (aimed at 7-11 years).
The award can be achieved through as few as 2 visits to the museum or as many visits as you wish. With it being self-led for the most part, children complete their Arts Award Discover log book and explore the arts at their own pace.
So, all that needs to be done now is to pick up a Discover Arts Award pack from West Berkshire Museum and watch out for the family activity days. A fee of £10 will include the log book, materials and certificate. As well as a ticket to any two craft activities during the summer.
Visit the what’s on pages for West Berkshire Museum for information on the family activity days this summer.